1. Taobao, slowly but surely, will replace the local ecommerce players as the go to destination for online purchasing. Nothing interesting among them, just another reseller of items procured from merchants in Taobao. The real money or profit still flow through logistic, or to be specific, freight forwarder.
2. Watching items being purchased online in real-time was quite an additive activity. You will be surprised by the types of item purchased online and some of these items are dirt cheap! I'm so going to create a dashboard to load these purchases using my underutilized monitor.
3. What do you call a PHP programmer who are in the midst of switching to another programming language like Python? A better PHP programmer. Ouch.
4. PHP vs. Python. Python is a better when you want to learn more about programming in general or be a better developer. While PHP is great when you want to create something fast for the web. Contrary to popular belief, Python is not a beginner friendly language. By the way, PHP is a web template language. Which one makes you happy? Neither. But is good to finally escape from PHP after all these 10 years. For me, PHP is "cari makan" and Python is to stimulate my bored mind.
5. export PYTHONDONTWRITEBYTECODE=1
Yup. No more pyc files scatter around. Only for Python 2.6 though.
6. Read the bloody change logs. Seriously, when you're upgrading any software or libraries, please remember to read the bloody change logs.
7. Awareness, acceptance, and courage are the keys to become a better estimator. First, you must aware of your current situation. Second, you must accept the current limitation either in your or your surrounding. Third, you must have the courage to make hard decision and mistakes to go ahead.