There are three devices you will need to setup properly. These devices are your laptop, the router, and lastly the printer itself.
1. Install the Samsung printer driver in your Ubuntu system. You should be able to print through USB cable.
2. Next is to get the network configuration details of the printer, specifically the MAC address. From the printer buttons, Menu -> 4. Network -> Network Conf. -> Print? -> Yes. Jot down the MAC address.
3. Go to the router. DHCP -> Address Reservation -> Add New. Assign the MAC address in Step 2 to a fixed IP address so we always connect to the printer using a consistent IP address. Reboot the router. If you enable MAC filtering, do remember to white list the MAC address of the printer.
4. Again, in the router, we will need to enable WPS. Go to Wirelss 2.4GHz -> WPS -> Enable WPS. You may need to reboot the router again if WPS is not enabled.
5. Continue by clicking the Add device button. There are two options to add new device. Pick the second option and click Connect.
6. Go to your printer and press the WPS button for more than 2 seconds. Wait until the printer connected to the router. Once the printer is connected, you can disable the WPS in the router. You printer now will be part of your home network and assigned an IP address.
We're going to use the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP). While there are many printing protocols but for convenient sake, we will pick IPP. You can obtain the IPP full address from Step 2. It looks something like `ipp://192.168.0.123/ipp/print`. The IP address is set in Step 3.
8. Unplug your USB cable and print any sample test page from your laptop. If everything have been setup properly, you should be able to print wireless.
9. Additionally to enable Samsung Cloud Print, you can manage the printer remotely through SyncThru™ Web Service. Open up your browser and connect using these details. You will see this page if everything have been set up correctly.
URL : http://192.168.0.123
Login : admin